As we head toward the welcoming of Summer, of abundance (in the northern hemisphere), I often pause to honor the garden that is me and the garden I am nourishing. I take an inventory and it includes the following:
- Is it starting to bloom?
- Does it need more water?
- How am I giving myself what I need?
- Am I getting enough sunlight?
Season of The Blood
Whether we see this time of Sacred Fire as something to celebrate outwardly or not, there is a translation to be had that allows us to celebrate our own.
The Sun and it’s rays upon the northern hemisphere has our plant allies breaking through the soil and working toward its ultimate expression here on Earth. We can see this “up and out” mirrored in the stars and ourselves. As we wind down the fire of beginnings of Aries Season, we are going to bring it down and in to Taurus- to Earth. To us. We nourish that which we are bringing to full expression outwardly, through the body – and what brings nourishment to that which is being born? The blood. It is the fire that is in our veins in service to the heart, just as Mars (willpower) is in service to the Sun (essence, light of consciousness).
Far too often I have been guilty of the grandiose. I found the classic wanting for opportunities or capitalistic materialism that often drives me to exhaustion and burnout. I often find myself scattered, too many “irons in the fire” (pun fully intended). I cannot continue to over-seed and not listen to the land for what it needs to remain in service to its ultimate expression.
The garden will become barren.
Some of us have gardens that already are barren, whether it’s because of over-seeding, over-harvesting, or perhaps because we were told our gardens should be graveyards to tend to everyone else’s. Only you can answer for yourself and only you can change it.
Honoring the Garden and The Sacred Fire
As we continue forward into Summer, I wanted to provide some prompts that may be helpful in unearthing the ways we can be in service to the heart. Grab a candle and light it (it can be flameless – electricity or batteries are still conduits of fire). Ask yourself these questions and write down the answers:
- What do I have growing in my garden right now (what are the things I am taking on or have continued to take on) that feel in service to my heart?
- What do I have growing in my garden right now (what are the things I am taking on or have continued to take on) that feel obligatory and leave me with feelings of frustration and resentment (either toward myself or others)?
- If I know I control what is nourished and watered, where would my efforts be better spent?
- Is there something that’s been subtly coming into my consciousness that I’m keeping hidden because I don’t have space for it?
Now, if it is safe to do so, I recommend reading the questions AND the responses out loud. The vibrations we create with our voices are spells in and of themselves. Our words are powerful, not only do our bodies respond but so does the universe if we pay attention. You are Sacred, as am I.
A Candle & A Key,
Featured Image Credit: Photo by Annija Ungura via Pexels